Monday, January 31, 2011

Why bother...

Why bother, anyway? 
Right now, there are one thousand million people that hunger; wars, stupid wars, everywhere; environmental problems and pollution also everywhere; six billion people in the world – too many, far too many. And the future is bleak, with population growth unmatched by necessary food production growth; more and more damage to ecosystems as people try to make a living... What for? 
Why bother? We will be better of dead. Among so many millions, nobody will miss us. I´m not being productive, anyway. I´m not helpful, useful, I do not contribute to the alleviations of humankind and Earth´s problems. I do not even contribute to feed my own son... 
Why struggle so much? Will his future be better than this present? I doubt it. There are no garanties, no magic spells. Things are not in anyway forced to get better, more likely the opposite. And I am so tired. It would be so good to go to sleep and not come back, ever again, to the rat race.

No comments: